Evo Services Ltd is a labour provider with over 10 years’ experience.
Evo Services Ltd offer recruitment and employment services to the agricultural, horticultural, warehousing, distribution, logistics, food manufacturing and construction sectors within the UK.
Evo Services Ltd directly engages all their workers and does not use any 3rd party labour providers.
Supply of labour constitutes the vast majority of our business. Other necessary purchases of office consumables etc are sourced from reputable generic suppliers over whom we exercise appropriate due diligence.
Evo Services Ltd does not meet the reporting criteria of the Modern Slavery Act but due to the scope of our business we recognise that we may be exposed to the risk of Modern Slavery (slavery, servitude, forced labour and human trafficking).
The following statement has been published to demonstrate the steps taken by Evo Services Ltd to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking in its business and supply chain.
As a business we are committed to working alongside any organisation which will support in the overall aim of reducing modern slavery within our supply chain and across the UK.
Policies and Procedures
We will not tolerate or condone any form of exploitation and as such, have implemented a Preventing Hidden Labour Exploitation Policy following the Stronger Together guidelines relating to our own labour practices. This sets out the responsibilities of each individual within the business to identify and report any suspicions of potential cases of exploitation. All reports will be fully investigated and appropriate remedial actions taken.
Procedures have been put in place to support internal employees in identifying potential hidden labour exploitation.
Training and Awareness
All new internal employees are invited to attend a company induction which will provide information on the business, our values, policies and procedures and information on Modern Slavery.
Workers are shown the Stronger Together “Daniel and Weronika” video, and leaflets and posters are available to highlight the situation and how the individual can report their suspicions.
The “Lured by a job, trapped in forced labour” video from the International Labour Organisation is shown at worker induction to highlight the situation and notify workers that we do not tolerate any form of exploitation.
Attendance to roadshows and workshops provided by external companies such as the Association of Labour Providers is promoted to all top level management in order to maintain knowledge and distribute across the business.
Evo Services Ltd commit to ensuring we operate towards the best practices at all times. Evidence of this can be seen through the Stronger Together website, which shows we have taken the relevant steps to become a Business Partner and active member of Stronger Together.
Our Stronger Together Policy Commitments
Evo Services Ltd shall:
- Designate appropriate managers
- Accept that job finding fees are a business cost, and will not allow these to be paid by job applicants. The Company will not use any individual or organisation to source and supply workers without confirming that workers are not being charged a work finding fee.
- Ensure that all staff responsible for directly recruiting workers are aware of issues around third party labour exploitation and signs to look for and have signed appropriate Compliance Principles.
- Ensure that labour sourcing, recruitment and worker placement processes are under the control of trusted and competent staff members.
- Adopt a proactive approach to reporting suspicions of hidden worker exploitation to the Gangmasters Licensing Authority and police.
- Provide information on tackling “Hidden Labour Exploitation” to our workforce through workplace posters, worker handbook and induction training.
- Encourage workers to report cases of hidden third party labour exploitation, provide the means to do so and investigate and act on reports appropriately.
- Positively encourage and support employees and agency workers to report such exploitation which may be occurring within their communities using Evo Services Ltd anonymous employee zone.
By implementing and continually reviewing checks which minimise the risk of any form of modern slavery taking place within our operations, we are able to support the relevant government authorities in reporting any identified situations, and as such protect our business, our clients’ businesses and first and foremost, our workers.